Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Return

Well, Sister Kisser®™©™ has returned from our road trip safe and sound. There are plenty more stories Alienwhere and I have discussed and fully intend on posting, but the last few days of the trip were just too fun-filled and action packed!

Some of the posts that are coming:

• The Kollector

• The Pilgrimage

• NASA. [Yes, we played NASA]!


And much, much more.

We were orignally going to leave for home after our last gig in the D.C. area late Sunday night/Early Monday morning so I could be back to work at Company, Inc. on Monday, but the more we thought about it [and drank] decided to stay the night with our friends back in Greenbelt, MD just to get a few hours sleep and leave first thing in the morning.

Elle went back with our publicist right after the show and Marconi, Alienwhere and myself went back to our friends place and left about 6:30AMish in the morning.

*yawn*

I got home yesterday at about 2:00PMish and decided to blow off Company, Inc. for the rest of the day. Now I'm just playing a lot of catch up here at work and home and can't wait to get back to my normal routine.

It's always really tough coming back from these trips. They're intense, crazy and fun. They're also a lot of work and we all come home exhausted. On top of that, I always go through a really bad depression our first few days back.

At least we have an AWESOME show coming up on Saturday night at one of our favourite venues!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Said publicist 'ere. Yeah... totally bummed about the tour being over but very happy to see the wife and son.

Alienwhere said...

I'm like cripplingly depressed. I did whatever work I had to do today, and now I'm just sitting around, wishing I was in another city.

lioux said...

ME TOO!!!

You can't imagine the crap I have to catch up on today, Alienwhere.

I'm having a big fat martini tonight!

And ¡Hola! c-3pr, I'm glad you joined us on the road.

Alienwhere said...

Yeah, well, I have to bury my G4. I think the logic board is fried, trapping my iTunes and other things until I can find another machine to move them over to. I'm FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(extra exclamations for emphasis)