Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mystery Afoot

A: Somewhere between our hotel and El Rey, in walking around town, or possibly right outside our door, I managed to do something stupid that I was unaware of. I was snapping pictures of whatever crap crossed my field of vision, because my new thing is taking a ton of pictures with my new digital cam. I must not have been watching where I was walking, because I look down, and see what looks like The ‘Rhea all over my left shoe. (For the uninitiated in advanced scatological terminology, “The ‘Rhea” refers to an extremely loose bowel movement, most likely brought on by illness or a night of spicy food and beer.) So yeah, as I was saying, it looks like someone with food poisoning pooped on the top of my shoe, which is a black and white skate type sneaker, the pair of which I am quite fond of. So much so that I have entertained the notion of buying a second pair and hanging onto them for later.

Anyway, I’m incredulous as to how this could have happened, because I don’t remember anything like that happening, and I didn’t feel anything splash like that. Fast forward to just before our show – I’m at the hotel, and I had the idea to use a toothbrush obtained from the front desk to try and free up whatever crapicules are embedded in my shoe. I put a tiny amount of shampoo on the brush and begin brushing. Then I think that my toothpaste, which is baking soda and peroxide toothpaste, might do the trick. Marconi gives me this line of manure about “oh, but there’s so little of that stuff in there and so many other binding agents, blah blah blah.” Stick to circuits, Marconi. And setting off car alarms at inopportune moments. Well, the toothpaste worked only slightly better than the shampoo, and once I had gotten enough out to be satisfied, I called it quits, now the proud bearer of a new nickname, Minty Feet.

L: OMG, Fans and Readers you have NO idea how much this sneaker incident upset Alienwhere. He’s pretty meticulous about his things and we all knew this was driving him nuts. Now we all give each other some good natured ribbing from time to time but Marconi sometimes lacks that sense of knowing when to stop.

1 comment:

Big Daddy said...

'Alienwhere Minty Feet' totally sounds like an Indian name.

Ha.